Sunday, November 13, 2005

 
To cook, or not to cook, that is the question.

After the excursions of the past two days, I have come to realize that my culinary skills are average. One restaurant stated it had homestyle food, like moms. Heck, it was better than mine or my mom's. My family does not complain about my cooking and they do have favorites and request them. They look forward to the meals. There have been places where I thought I could have done better.

My thoughts have drifted to 30 minute meals and expanding our menu to include more sophisticated fair. The boys have grown, their palates have changed. Maybe it's time.

I'm not about to enroll in culinary school because I feel slightly inadequate. My preference would be to dine out.


Comments:
If you can follow directions, you can make/bake just about anything. Pick recipes that excite you and go for it! the incentives go away after the house empties out. Then's the time to eat out. A lot.
 
Thanks Nina.

That's what I tell my sons about cooking, read the directions. While still in high school, my eldest even made lasagne when I was ill.
That is an excellent tip about the incentive, true once they are gone,I'd be less inclined to experiment.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?