Friday, November 18, 2005

 
Teen Adult Social

Admittance to the Thanksgiving Dance that a snack is brought. I opted for the easy Pilgrim hat cookies. I like to provide a snack that relates to the occasion. It makes it a little more festive for the attendees.
The boys liked helping because they can eat the rejects for the top part of the hat. The easy squeeze icing wasn't so easy to squeeze at first. My youngest and I struggled for a bit, put it in the mircowave for 7 seconds, let it warm up some more and finally it began to flow properly.



Pilgrim hat cookies

One son went off to swim, the other to the social. Then it was ladies night out time. No wine tonight. We did a bit of shopping where I found some candles that I like the fragrance of, Aromatiques - Cinnamon Cider.
Then we settled in at Barnes and Noble for a bit of refreshment and conversation. I wasn't in the mood for coffee or tea so I had the Godiva hot cocoa. I was a bit surprised to see a backgammon board and Scrabble and was told that some families have been seen playing . My thought: "In Barnes and Noble? Strange." My trips had been quick in and outs, get the books and go. We discussed last nights meeting; about services that will be available once our children become 18 and what happens when they leave the school system. It didn't take long for our two hours of freedom to end.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?