Sunday, November 27, 2005

 
Shifting Gears

Thankgiving weekend is over. My precious first born returned to campus today.(sans turkey) He wants fo finish up what food he has in the townhouse before the end of this semster. My middle one is healing well.

It's time to think about Christmas. Thankfully I didn't get caught up in the retail madness this weekend. I miss going into Hartford to see the store windows, like I did when I was a girl. In addition to the holiday windows, there were Victorian skaters on top of the marquee of G. Fox. Sage Allen had wonderful displays too. It was best when it was snowing.

Most of the stores have been closed down or bought out and have moved to the malls. Now, I would have to go to New York City to walk down the cold street and peer into the windows. Going to the mall just doesn't have the same feel.

Christmas cards to Poland were supposed to be written today, but weren't. I worked a tad on the gift list, seeing what is still needed. Today, I feel more like the Grinch than Santa. Missing what was, longing for my childhood perhaps? The comfort of the old and familiar. Its difficult to see what is ahead, new memories to make and cherish.

Hopefully my demeanor will improve.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?