Friday, November 04, 2005

 
Seasons Change

It's 4 a.m.! What am I doing up at this ungodly hour? I check AIM to see if any of my friend's have been affected the same way this morning. No, I alone have arisen this early today. There is a peace at this hour. The house is still with the rhythmic breathing of sleep, while I sit by the glow of the screen.

Life is changing. The children are getting older, more independent. Soon the will be gone and my role is changing. I've had a preview. My youngest is a junior in high school. My precious first born is in his senior year in college.The children are almost grown. My husband is semi-retired. My vision, body and role in life are changing. Resisting these changes is not an option. Time will march on, it cannot be stopped.


I'd like to hang on the way some things are. The past has fit like a glove. There is comfort in the familiar and roots. Today, I attempt to make Leniwe Golabki* (though cabbage and I are not friends, a story for another time) to invoke the warm fuzzies.


Leniwe Golabki

But I also welcome the chance to change. It's an opportunity to reinvent myself; try new recipes and foods, develop a new lifestyle and blend the old with the new. Looking forward to the new balance.

*lazy cabbage rolls




Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?