Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 
He's HOME

I was looking forward to my precious firstborn’s return. We expected an arrival time of after dinner. Much to my surprise, he arrived at 2 p.m. with a guest. His cat, Sepheroth. I was not expecting either. Communication was lacking on my son’s part. The great news was this year we didn’t have to make the 6 hour (one way) journey to get him.

Seph wasn’t getting alone with the dog that was in the campus residence, so it was determined that he should return here. (Pets, other than those that can be contained in a bowl are not allowed on Campus.) Our girls (3 female cats) were not pleased with his return or the return of Seph. There was minimal hissing. But Seph seemed comfortable with his return here. He put up a slight fuss while I clipped his claws, but soon changed his annoyance to delight when I put catnip on the scratching post.

It was good to see my son, but I fear that his homecoming was not as welcoming as it should have been. But also his demeanor prevented a warm welcome. Yes, a six hour drive is tiring and it seems that he would have preferred to have stayed on Campus. But free food and free laundry are pretty enticing to him.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?