Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Summertime Delights in Autumn

The color is begining to creep in.

begining color

With great hope and a realistic resignation I entered the aromatic place that during the summer served my favorite summertime treat. Scanning the menu posted on the wall, clam cakes are listed as only being offered on the spring/summer menu and this October. So I decide to try the taco soup. Before placing my order, I mention to the owner that my first choice would have been the clam cakes, he states I'm in luck. Patiently waiting while the order is being prepared, my anticipation increases. Will they be as good as the ones in Rhode Island? My order is to go, and it is placed in a plain brown bag. Such decadent treats should be hidden in plain brown wrappers. The aroma waifs through the air, as I wait for them to be cool enough to handle. The tender tidbits are laden with sweet sea clams and the taste transports me to the ocean beaches that I love. Next summer when I crave the beach, I will not have to travel to Rhode Island for these tasty morsels, they are available in Hartford.



Clam Cakes a.k.a. Clam Fritters

Tender, crispy golden nuggets, ahhhhh! My one indulgence to fried food.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?