Friday, October 28, 2005

 
Hot Mulled Cider and Rum

In previous years, when my middle son's Teen and Adult Social Club went to the Haunted Mansion, he opted not to go, and I didn't push. After his talking about Halloween for the past month and saying he wanted to go with his friends, I decided to let him go and go with him. Tonight's attempt at the Haunted Mansion was ... not a success. Maybe my going with him was my mistake. Kids don't listen to their Mom as well as they listen to others.

What I could see of the production was indeed spooky and fun when I wasn't pulling my son up off the floor numerous times. (Sit down strike.) My requests for him to get up off the floor were ignored. He knew it was pretend and related to Halloween and scary, but changed his mind once he was in there. I wish my youngest had been there to help lift him up off the floor. Thankfully another mom was with us and the two of us got him up. Lifting 170lbs. is not easy on the back. At the end, he recovered quickly and did like the cider and the Halloween cookies. I don't think he saw much and hopefully won't have nightmares tonight.

Halloween cookie

What does the hot mulled cider and rum have to do with this? It eases the back pain from lifting.


Comments:
I've never tried that combo, it might be something I should try. Is it regular rum or spiced rum? LOL
 
This is a drink called a Broken Leg. I had it years ago on our honeymoon at a ski lodge. The cider was warm and spiced. I imagine that it would work just as well if the rum was spiced instead of the cider.

Enjoy!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?