Saturday, October 22, 2005

 
Conversations

How refreshing it is to have a pleasant conversation with a child, I should say adult child. After all the struggles in high school, being away from home has given us both a different perspective. Topics include personal, techincal and social issues. It's nice that he wants to share. We have always been able to talk. He's not a mama's boy, he makes up his own mind and chooses his own direction. Sometimes I just hold my breath and pray. Perhaps the reason we can have conversations is because I don't force him to follow my suggestions. I just throw in my two cents, then he has to decide. And rightly so, he will be the one to live with his decision. Learning not to pry is difficult, but learning to trust is easier. I feel blessed.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?